Thursday, November 8, 2018

Trick or Treating Fun at Universal Studios Hollywood!

We’ve had a lot of Halloween adventures this year! Then one of our favorite places, Universal Studios Hollywood, announced that for one weekend only, they were going to have trick or treating for little kids! Historically, due to Halloween Horror Nights, we avoid Universal until at least the second weekend in November. A lot of their scary props were out for everyone to see and I thought that might be too intense for my littles (please note that some scary props were still out but for the most part, my son seemed so excited to do the trick or treat, he didn't mind the props). It just so happened that we had something going on that was less than 4 miles from universal on the Saturday of the trick or treating weekend. We already had a busy day planned so we decided that my 5 year old and I would just run in for one hour while my husband and daughter hung out In CityWalk.


I wasn’t sure how much we could get done in an hour but we did almost everything! We got the below brochure with the information on the trick or treating as well as characters photo ops (that had candy too!).




My 5 year old has food allergies so I wasn’t expecting him to be able to keep a lot of the candy and he knows that the candy has to be checked out before he can eat them. One thing Universal did that impressed me was put this warning in all of the baskets with candy. The biggest thing that impressed me was that about 2/3 of the candy was safe for him! A huge thank you to Universal for that.


Once we walked in and got our brochure, we went in the first shop and got a bag to collect the candy. Each of the locations punch a hole in your brochure to show that you had already gotten your candy at that station. Most of the candy stations were in stores or restaurants but then they had about 4-5 locations that not only had candy but had characters as well!


The characters were my favorite part as they were dressed up in Halloween outfits! And of course, it wouldn’t be Halloween without some of the Universal Monsters! Hello Kitty was styling as the Bride of Frankenstein. There was a minion dressed up like Frankenstein’s Monster and Curious George was a cute little pirate. We also saw Woody Woodpecker as a vampire. We missed one of the meet and greets but I think we did pretty good!


In Universal Plaza, they had some fun activities going on. You could decorate a cookie, have a dance party or do limbo! They were having a costume contest when we were getting ready to leave. So many fun things to do!



We had a blast! Universal is really starting to have a lot of family friendly activities and we are so excited about that! We can’t wait for Grinchmas and the Magic of Christmas at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!

6 comments:

  1. What, so cool!!! I had no idea they did this. My husband and I were just at Universal Orlando but didn't attend HHN. I would love to visit Universal Hollywood :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't ever been to Universal. But they are getting so cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going trick or treating at Universal sounds wonderful. That looks so fun. Rachel from Explore Kid Talk

    ReplyDelete