Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Bringing Laughter Back


My 4.5 year old is very intuitive. He always has been. He knew I was pregnant with a girl without me even ever telling him I was pregnant. He can always tell when I’m sad. In between his LOUD yelling and silly persona, he occasionally comes out with these insightful things. This is when I should stop and listen.

The comment that made me stop in my steps.

A couple weeks ago, my husband and I were joking around in the car and I started hysterically laughing, a “I’m carefree and having fun laugh”. And then from the back of the car, I hear:

“Do it again, I love it when mommy laughs”

This made me pause. When WAS the last time I had really cracked up like that? I’m not an unhappy person or anything like that but ever since I had my daughter, we’ve been busier and adjusting. I feel like I’m still in survival mode. A baby is an adjustment, that’s for sure. But I think I deserve and my kids deserve, a mom who will stop and laugh at life.



In those 2 weeks since he said that, I have been working on being more relaxed. Someone who laughs with her family more. I have improved but I’m still in the survival stage and that’s OK. It’s hard having a baby. It’s hard having 2 kids. It’s hard trying to balance it all. But laughter is the best medicine right?



He may love it when I laugh but to me, there is no better sound than he and his sisters laughter. It’ll be my goal to make sure they grow up in a house full of laughter and joy.



What has made you laugh lately? How do you find laughter while going through the chaos that is life?

No comments:

Post a Comment