Thursday, June 14, 2018

Celebrating 25 Years of Jurassic Park!


I can still picture in my head, being at a movie theater in Colorado and seeing an action filled movie that would not only entertain me at the time but become such a big part of my love for movies. No matter how many movies I have seen, for the last 25 years, my favorite movie has been and always will be: Jurassic Park. On June 11th, Jurassic Park celebrated its 25th anniversary.

Universal Studios had an event to celebrate the anniversary in May which we were unfortunately not able to attend, however, we were able to be there before the event and see some of the décor and food they had to celebrate.

Citywalk had one of the cars that were part of the tour of Jurassic Park. I couldn’t help but stop for a picture! VooDoo Donuts also offered a Jurassic Park donut at least every day of the event weekend.  We didn’t get a donut but I wish we had! For those going to the event, the Cinemas at Citywalk showed Jurassic Park on the big screen. Oh I would have been so happy to see it on the big screen! When I was pregnant with my first, Citywalk showed the movie and it was every bit of perfection on the big screen as I remembered it. I did, after all see it 9.5 times (the theater was having difficulty once!) in the theater when it first came out.







Ferocious Food and Stunning Souvenirs
I’m not sure what I love more: themed food or fun souvenirs. Universal had both. I got this delicious “dinosaur egg” dessert that consisted of chocolate mousse, green frosting and a cookies and cream “dinosaur egg” that was delightful! It was so good but sweet! There was some awesome merchandise with the 25th anniversary update to the logo on it. I ended up getting a keychain because I knew I would get a lot of use out of it. In addition, there were t-shirts and hats along with some awesome toys. My son was drooling over the dinosaur toys. We may have to find a way to go back before Christmas to get some for Christmas gifts!

Photo Ops and Fun
As I have small children, one of our must dos is always the Dinoplay area right next to the queue of Jurassic Park: The River Adventure. However, this day was special as my little girl was mobile enough to be able to play a bit on the playground! After playing, we got to see some of the photo ops new and old and took some pics!



I was glad to get to have experience some of the Jurassic Park fun as we missed the event. All this talk, makes me want to watch the movie. Off I go to watch until the baby wakes up.

Until next time, thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. What fun!!!! That dessert my sweet tooth going crazy and I can only imagine the fun your little guy had with all those dinosaur toys!!! Sounds like it was a memorable day!

    ReplyDelete